Monday, April 26, 2010

Bon Appetit

From time to time I like to pretend that I am a gourmet chef.  I would like to share with you my attempt to replicate Pioneer Woman's Sun-dried Tomato Risotto. Enjoy.  
Well I got off to a good start.  I didn't quite have enough onion, so I added some shallots that were in danger of rotting before I got to use them.  Don't worry, they were still good. 





PW used real garlic.  I like the stuff from the jar. It's more refined.  Now, her sun-dried tomatoes looked red and happy...mine, not so much.  They smelled funny too.  But I pressed on.



Ok, butter and olive oil worked out.  Notice the fun purple in my onion mixture.  I like to keep things colorful.



 Rice!










Then I added the tomaters.



Oooh, I was very happy it looked similar.  I then spent the next 40 minutes adding chicken broth one cup at a time.



Until it looked like this!  Not quite as fluffy, but I made it work.



Next for the Parmesan.  I used the powdery stuff because I'm classy.
Then she added heavy cream.  We are not as luxurious in the apartment so I used 2% milk.  Plus, I'm trying to keep my girlish figure.


I couldn't believe it!  Pioneer Woman used basil from a jar.  That's what I had too.






Oh yea, look at that.  Delicious!




It actually turned out pretty tasty.  Thanks P-Dub!

3 comments:

  1. I think your basil looks fancier too.
    Win!

    Cary

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally made a delicious meal and did not share with the YAC gang :( Thanks for making me sad

    ReplyDelete

Labels