Saturday, April 17, 2010

Balancing Equations

Lately I've been feeling a mixture of pomposity and dejection. On one hand, my fabulous lab partner and I just won an award at the Undergraduate Research Conference. On the other hand, I've been rejected from all the law schools on my list. On the bright side, I got into Teach For America so I won't be completely lost come May. Anyway, my mixed emotions have put me in a reflective mood...
Since I became a mole-person of the psychology lab, I've spent very little time in any other academic building at NYU. So I found myself reminiscing about my pre-med days as I walked through the Silver Center (main academic building) after the Conference. I remembered having to meet with some big-wig frog-lady in order to get approval to take Honors Chem. She peered at me from behind her glasses and basically said that she did not advise that I take it. I wouldn't do well. Forget it. Obviously I took it, got a B and now I'm going to teach chemistry.  Funny how things work out.  
 This post is random, I need to be funnier.

Side note:  honors chem turned out to be horrendous because of this terrible man ->                     
                    Photo of 
                    
                    isn't he terrible?  He might look harmless with his beard and his carefree tie-less outfit, but he made my first semester of college quite tearful.  If you see him, step on the back of his heels...everyone hates that.

2 comments:

  1. Show me where to find him!!!! Stepping on his heel will be the first of many ways I can think to hurt him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, anonymous is a thinly vailed Katebabe if I ever read one. If it's not; KATE needs to watch out for someone trying to become her. Question: Why did I have to read the actual blog in a one letter "row" and very long "column" of, at first glance, appears to be - the alphabet??? Now you know I would read whatever you wrote upside down and backwards if necessary BUT really???? Is it necessary???

    ReplyDelete

Labels